Erectile Dysfunction Sex Therapy
Countless men suffer from Erectile Dysfunction (or ED), the inability to get a hard on or stay hard. While many drugs such as Viagra and Cialis are available to mask the symptoms, they do not deal with the underlying causes of erectile dysfunction. For some men, these drugs are not an effective solution. For others, who have medical conditions that prohibit the use of performance-enhancing drugs, there can still be help.
Treat Erectile Dysfunction Without Drugs
There are some men out there who want to fix erectile dysfunction, but simply do not want to be reliant on a drug. While we are not against drugs as one possible pathway to greater confidence, we believe starting with more natural, holistic solutions should be first. We work with many men who deal with erectile dysfunction and want you to know that, for many of you, there are alternative solutions, especially when the root of erectile dysfunction is psychological as opposed to physiological.
Psychological Erectile Dysfunction
One way to tell if you are dealing with psychological erectile dysfunction is if it is not across the board. In other words, if you feel comfortable and relaxed and have perfectly normal hard on during masturbation but cannot get hard with a partner, you are likely dealing with psychological erectile dysfunction. (Note: If you are having erectile dysfunction in all situations, even masturbation, make sure you get it checked out as it can be a sign of heart disease). We have found that psychological erectile dysfunction has at least 3 underlying roots – performance anxiety, impulse control (too much, not too little) and a functional response to a dysfunctional situation (where you have very good reasons NOT to be having sex with the person you are attempting to have it with and your penis knows better than you do).
In Somatica sex coaching and sex therapy sessions you will learn to:
- Let go of performance anxiety through breath and erotically embodied relaxation
- Follow through on your impulses
- Turn women on so you get aroused by their sexual response
- Allow your sexual desire to flow and your hard on to follow that flow
- Engage women with your whole body instead of putting so much pressure on your penis
- Listen to the wisdom of your penis, regardless of what your big brain is telling you
Prepare for your session:
- Read Cockfidence: The Extraordinary Lover’s Guide to Being the Man You Want to be and Driving Women Wild.
- Download our Psychological Erectile Dysfunction audio programs.
- Sex Shutdown? Are hard times making you go soft?
With all that is going on in the world today, government shutdown and a challenging economy affecting your daily life and livelihood, it might be tough to get in the mood. Being a man in our culture is so tied up with being a good provider, when that’s in
- 3 Causes of Psychological Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – and How To Heal Them Without Drugs
While many drugs, such as Viagra and Cialis, are available to mask the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, they do not deal with the underlying causes of ED. We have found that psychological ED has at least 3 underlying roots and we are offering a short series explaining each of
- Fix Erectile Dysfunction (ED) By Overcoming Performance Anxiety
It is not surprising that a lot of men experience performance anxiety since boys are socialized around having to prove they are always capable and competent. Once men experience a couple of erection failures, they begin to lose confidence in themselves, which leads to performance anxiety. You can directly
- ED: Sometimes It’s Best To Think With Your Little Brain
In this last installment of our series on ED, we want to add that there are times when ED is actually a functional response to a dysfunctional situation. In other words, in cases of situational ED, it may be that your penis is actually giving you the message: “I
- Men Get the Low Desire Blues Too
As this recent article on men’s experience of low sexual desire points out, women are not the only ones who suffer a lack of desire in their relationships. We see men in our practice suffering from low sexual desire for a number of reasons.
Can’t Come Through with the
- Erectile Dysfunction – Could there be such a thing as too much impulse control?
In addition to performance anxiety, we find that those who suffer from Erectile Dysfunction also have anxiety that comes from a fear of and a pulling back from their own natural impulses towards sexual interaction and escalation.