"After having spent months and years in talk therapy, both individual and group (which I gave up on years ago), I was a little skeptical that my work with you would bear much fruit, especially in the short run. But now, I begin to appreciate the powerful forces you have learned how to tap into, and what a direct path they can open into healing. My experience the other day left me tingling with excitement, and feeling an unfamiliar sense of hope and optimism. I had thought that I had pretty much banished the feeling of shame that was instilled in me growing up, but now I see that I had merely bandaged it up with a tight dressing, along with a bunch of good things that shame had attached itself to. Pretty amazing. And I feel that I am just getting started with this process, and with what you can help me discover."
Beyond Sex and Relationship Therapy
Imagine an experience of sex therapy and relationship coaching where you can feel safe and comfortable, a place where you can learn how to have the best sex ever and the most loving relationships.The Somatica method offers an interactive and experiential approach to better love and relationships based on up-to-date neuroscience about how people learn.
Through this compassionate and personal process you will change unhealthy emotional patterns and sexual dysfunction so that you can find your true self and create the sex and relationship that is right for you. Whether you are in a sexless marriage, want to expand your sexual horizons or want to have stronger emotional intimacy we will help you create a relationship that is full of passion, communication, great sex, personal freedom, fulfillment and joy.
In this revolutionary intimacy coaching method, you will be able to engage in real-time interactions with your partner and/or your sex coach, while receiving support, guidance and feedback.
How the Somatica Method Works
The Somatica Method offers you a real experience of secure attachment. Most people have not experienced the safety, relaxation and freedom that secure attachment offers. For adults, a holistic experience of attachment includes intimacy and erotic connection. As you are establishing secure attachment in a safe and loving container, we help you overcome any obstacles in the way of bringing yourself fully to the relationships you have or desire to have.
In Somatica Sex Therapy and Relationship Coaching Sessions, you will:
- Connect with your true self and find out what you want out of sex and relationships
- Receive clear and accurate sex info and sex education
- Find out your personal relationship style so you can teach people how to love you
- Learn how to make sex better so you can replenish and refuel through your connections
- Avoid having the same horrible fights over and over again by having great communication
- Increase your sexual self-esteem and create a successful relationship
- Bring powerful presence and intense desire into every sexual interaction
- Move beyond routine “marriage sex” or sexless relationships by learning about the 3 kinds of sex (connection, sensation, and fantasy) and how you can have it all
Why Choose A Somatica Sex and Relationship Coach:
- Traditional sex therapy and marriage therapy methods of talking about and understanding your patterns does not necessarily lead to change, while body-based, experiential learning results in true transformation
- Most sex therapy usually ends when things are “okay” while the Somatica Method leads to amazing sex and lasting satisfaction
- Traditional sex therapy offers videos, books and homework, your Somatica sex and relationship coach offers you practice, mastery and experiences that you can immediately implement in your life
- Marriage therapists generally have very little training around sexuality so they don’t understand the subtle connections and differences between sex and intimacy, your Somatica sex and relationship coach is a trained expert on both sexuality and relating
We look forward to supporting you in creating the sex life and relationship you desire!
San Francisco, CA
“I feel in my bones and viscera that you're helping the real me, the real sexual and powerful me, emerge. I am very indebted to you. Thank you for being so willing to open yourself to me so that I can open up to you to learn to be real and powerful.”
San Jose, CA
"Thanks for your good heart, and incredibly empathetic and attentive listening - the freedom and quality of discussion with you is probably unmatched for me - the human side of healing is so important and so overlooked in conventional modern medicine and even in other modes of healing depending on the individuals involved. Please don't ever under-estimate this fact about yourself and what you offer, it goes so far beyond just the facts and knowledge of learned information, you have offered a more human gift that you share which I appreciate a lot."
“I am getting well in touch with at a deepening level the value, joy, truth and power of connecting intimately.”
San Francisco, CA
Professional Training in the Somatica method
If you are a professional who is interested in learning the tools of sex and relationship coaching to enhance your practices, join us on our Somatica Institute website.
- New Year’s Revolution
It’s a brand new year in a brand new decade and those of us here in the U.S. are encouraged to make some New Year’s Resolutions. We only have one: to never make a New Year’s Resolution again. In January people sign up for
- Conscious Self-Exploration
Now that you’ve had a chance to breathe yourself into your body, it is time to embark on the awe-inspiring journey of physically exploring your body. This is an opportunity to create amazing, sensual, romantic, loving and intimate dates with yourself in order to learn about what electrifies you
- The 2013 Somatica Training was Amazing!
We just finished teaching the 2013 Somatica Professional Training of Sex Therapy and Relationship Coaching. Our students reported that it was a powerful, life changing experience. We had such a wonderful time teaching and watching our students grow and transform in front of our eyes. We are very excited
- Giant Sex
In honor of the Giants winning the World Series (yay Giants!), we figured we’d offer a few brief words about sex and baseball. Baseball, like every other sport or physical activity, takes a certain kind of body-based learning. Do you think that the first time Renteria picked up a
- Reflections on the Movie “The Sessions”
The Sessions is a movie about sexual surrogacy — a form of sexual therapy in which a psychotherapist, surrogate, and client work together as a team to support the client in overcoming emotional and functional sexual difficulties. The story is based on the experience between
- The Journey Back to Erotic Embodiment
Every child is born with a direct connection to their pleasure. Their experiences of their body are not kept at a safe distance and intellectualized, their actions, such as sleeping, eating, crying, and touching are in direct connection to their bodily desires. They fully experience their sensual selves as
- Erotic Breathplay
Just as your journey into this world in your body begins with a breath, so too, does the journey back to erotic embodiment. Breathing is central in building an inner relationship with your erotic self and feeling good in your body. Ultimately, taking steps towards feeling good in your
- Couple’s Coaching – Why Hands-On?
It always amazes us how much information and transformation happens when we begin to coach experientially and hands-on with couples. While talking and learning to communicate face to face is very productive, when it comes to sex, much of the communication is non-verbal. Many people find it challenging to